1. Provide them with the right tools, whether it’s an iPad, budgeting app or a few freebies to give to clients (Jays game anyone?).
2. Get to know your team member’s individual strengths and weaknesses to personalize their duties. If people are doing things they’re good at they’ll probably be happier too.
3. Provide personalized incentives to reward your employees for good work.
4. Hold a daily team meeting to reinforce goals and answer questions in a cohesive way.
5. Provide team projects when you can so members can work off each other’s strengths and weaknesses.
6. Don’t forget the old solutions! Sometimes a quick phone call is a lot easier than an email.
7. Give your team flexibility so they can meet customer’s needs.
8. Allow your employees to make mistakes so they won’t be afraid to take risks.
9. Make sure you have a process in place so project overviews don’t get lost in the shuffle.
10. Reinforce the customer—see through his/her eyes.
11. Train employees by granting them access to conferences and workshops that will help them think outside the box.
12. Listen more than you speak!
13. Measure your goals so you always have something to work towards.
14. Provide a budget for your employees to invest in networking. Sometimes meeting for lunch or golf is more effective than a cold call.
15. Trust your team and they’ll trust you back. Have faith in their expertise.
16. Don’t micromanage—allow them to take ownership of their work.
17. Make your business an open book!
What are your tips? Tweet us @52pickupinc using the hashtag #SalesSavvy.